Thursday, April 2, 2009

Loading the gun

My partner in aviation (Jeb) and I just returned from opening a joint account to fund our airplane purchase and to act as a clearinghouse for financial transactions related to aircraft ownership. It's a big step, and one that has me a little nervous, much like I was when I bought my first house. Actually, this plane is going to cost just about as much as my first house!

We're looking at that Grumman AA-1B in the Phoenix area. Jeb found a mechanic who is familiar with the AA-1's to do our pre-purchase inspection. He wants to do it Monday. We all need to be there to help and to see for ourselves what the condition of the plane is.

Jeb already had his share of the funds to contribute. I have to accumulate mine from various accounts I have scattered around. We think of this as Loading the Gun. When we write the check for the plane, that is Pulling the Trigger. You can't pull the trigger if the gun isn't loaded.

Wish us luck.

2 comments:

  1. I do wish you luck. And I look forward to seeing pics of the plane and reading about you adventures flying it. With luck, maybe I can even be part of those adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my dreams has been to fly my own plane across the United States. I'd like to start in San Diego and hop from one friend's house to another, all the way across the country. I'll make sure you are on the list! Along the way, anyone who wants to go up with me will get to go.

    ReplyDelete