Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Scared Spitless

We're going to pull the trigger, Jeb and I. As of this morning, the bank account is fully funded. Jeb has notified the seller of our intentions, and has received a prospective sales contract in return. I have inquired anew about insurance for the aircraft. I have also initiated a title & lien search. I will go to TUS (Tuscon International Airport) General Aviation Terminal and pick up a copy of FAA Form 8050-1 (Application for Registration) and FAA Form 8050-2 (Bill of Sale) to fill out at closing. Jeb is arranging the closing and will find a CFI or other knowledgable pilot to fly the plane back to AVQ (Marana Regional Airport) where we have a hangar waiting.

The price is right... hangar cost is affordable... insurance is affordable... everything is falling neatly into place...

Why am I scared?

It must be because it is An Airplane. There is something mysterious and awesome about that. I am shocked and awed that I will be half owner of An Airplane.

I just have to remember to breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment