Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cellular Health

I recently had a discussion with a friend about my nutritional philosophy. In the course of the conversation, I discovered that I can boil it down to a single concept - cellular health.

The way I figure it, if you have healthy cells, you will have healthy organs, and those healthy organs will work together harmoniously. You will be healthy and happy for a long, long time.

The way to have healthy cells is to give them what they need - energy and nutrients. Energy so they can function. Nutrients so they can function smoothly. Where do you get this energy and nutrition? Plants. It's that simple.

Last week I bought some chard - had never eaten it before, and decided to try some. I know that it is packed with phytonutrients. I cut out the heavy main rib from each leaf and steamed the remaining leaves for ten minutes. It was VERY good. I'll be doing that again.

And if you don't like to eat fruits and vegetables, the best backup I can think of is Juice Plus+ capsules. Even if you are doing your best to get the nine to thirteen daily servings of fruits and veggies, like me, but can't quite get there (like me) you can take Juice Plus+ and know that you are getting the nutrition you need.

My objective is to learn to prepare and eat enough of a variety of fresh fruits and veggies that I do not need anything additional, but I have to admit that Juice Plus+ is a VERY convenient way to get nutrition.

Be good to your cells and they'll be good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment